Dell Inspiron 5545 Issues

alex8908

Estimable
Feb 8, 2016
I have several issues with my Inspiron 5545,i would appreaciate any help i can get,or maybe just an explenation.

Heating

This is a big issue,especially when i activate crossfire mode,my CPU goes insane,thus lowering my performance.I can overclock the CPU to 3200 mhz and the GPU to 1300 mhz,and games such as GTAV and Fallout 4 run smooth,but because of intensive usage,it only lasts for half an hour at best.Most people suggested that i clean the casing,dust can be seen even from outside.In the meantime,what can i do to make it run at full perfromance for longer periods?

Drivers
I have firstly gotten the notebook with Ubuntu installed,then i installed windows 8.But because windows 8 was strangely conflicting with GTAV (stutter,textures disappearing,etc.) i installed windows 7,but the first thing i noticed was that my drivers weren't exactly the same.After i downloaded and installed all the drivers the autodetectutility.exe told me to,i was expecting the same thing i used to have back with windows 8.I was expecting crimson software to be installed,along with plays.tv.Now i know i may be a moron,and i may not be installing them correctly.I could really use some help with this one,it is important to me to have crimson software instead of catalyst controls center.Likewise,any help is appreciated.

I have a bunch of other minor issues,but so far,these two are the most severe and irritating.
Thank you for reading!

Solution
You can't complain about heating issues when you are overclocking a system, especially a laptop.

Don't overclock. You can't use crossfire, your system does not have that ability, don't enable it in the drivers.

Second, you said you can see dust from outside and that people said to clean it, did you? If not, do that, and check things again.

For the drivers, get them from Dell support web site. Video drivers for laptops are only fully supported by the laptop vendor, if you the reference drivers from AMD there can be issues.
You can't complain about heating issues when you are overclocking a system, especially a laptop.

Don't overclock. You can't use crossfire, your system does not have that ability, don't enable it in the drivers.

Second, you said you can see dust from outside and that people said to clean it, did you? If not, do that, and check things again.

For the drivers, get them from Dell support web site. Video drivers for laptops are only fully supported by the laptop vendor, if you the reference drivers from AMD there can be issues.

Solution