Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop Powers On For 4 seconds Then power cuts.

Gaming With The Crew

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
My dell Inspiron 6000 laptop won't power up, i press the power button, and after 4 seconds the power cuts, no fan but i can hear the hard drive. Also the dvd drive light lights for about 1/4 of a second then the power cuts, have tried taking out cmos battery for 19 hours, 8 of which the power button was down.
GWTC

Gaming With The Crew

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016

I was going to take it to a repair store but i really would like to try and fix it myself first, then if i could, i would not have to spend more money on getting it repaired,

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... the power supply need to be tested somehow... Like I said the "Goodwills" have Computer Parts and like 10's of these things there for $5... check your Local Goodwills listings for "computer re-cycling center" B )

the PS is the next thing to check hint hint only $5?

Gaming With The Crew

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016

we have an extra dell xps 15 if that would work for a power supply. but i will need to get a tool that will need to be ordered, so if the xps 15s ps will work tell me, thanks

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... there are a billion PS in the world... each one is different... BUT the LABEL on them have all the info you need to find the same "Voltage" 'current" ratings, these things should match & have the same kind of connector. B /
That is my DIY recommendation. B /

Gaming With The Crew

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016

ok when that tool gets in i tell you but for now i would just want other solutions, thanks and i will get back to you when i get that tool.

Gaming With The Crew

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
GOT IT TO BOOT!!!, im not sure if this was just luck, my dad got the old rams beacuase he had performed and upgrade, i put the 256MB one in and plugged it in, same thing, so i was curious what whould happen with the battery, it booted, since my the battery is dead (I mean DEAD DEAD) i plugged it in and now its signing me in, i will give more updates later. Thanks for the help.

Gaming With The Crew

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
I think i know whats wrong, if you tilt the laptop sideways it boots fine, other then EXTREME Heat issues, gonna pop more ram in to see if i can get a faster boot,
If anyone can help me fix the having to tilt it sideways for it to work i would really appreciate it. Thanks