Solved! Dell Inspiron 7567 Gaming Laptop 30 FPS Cap When Not Plugged In

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmanuelhern02

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
I recently bought the Dell Inspiron 7567. It has an i5 7300HQ and a GTX 1050 4GB. When the laptop is plugged in to power I get great frame rates (60-120 FPS) on the games I play (CS:GO, Fortnite, etc.). When I unplug the laptop it immediately caps my FPS to 30 no matter what my graphics settings are. And I have made sure that VSync and frame caps in all the games are turned off. I have tried many things including turning off the battery booster setting in GeForce Experience, changing the global power management setting in the Nvidia control panel, and I have even went as far as uninstalling GeForce Experience all together. Nothing has worked. As soon as I launch a game and the laptop isn't plugged in, it caps the frame rate. If anyone knows how to resolve this problem it would be much appreciated.

Thank You.

P.S. I am considering doing a fresh install of Windows 10 and reinstalling drivers. Would that help?

Solution
Problem was fixed by a clean install of Windows 10 by booting off of USB drive and reinstalling Nvidia driver without GeForce Experience. Games now do not cap at 30 FPS and perform as they should.

emmanuelhern02

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
Problem was fixed by a clean install of Windows 10 by booting off of USB drive and reinstalling Nvidia driver without GeForce Experience. Games now do not cap at 30 FPS and perform as they should.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.