Dell inspiron GTX 1050 not gaming correctly

Matt_163

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017
I recently purchased the Dell inspiron 7567 with a gtx 1050 4gb and it should be able to run pretty much every game out there, but I went to play call of duty world at war, a game that is 10 years old and has low requirements, and it crashed when I switched the resolution to 1080p. I have the drivers for both integrated and 1050 GPUS and nothing is changing. I just spent 800 dollars on this and would like to know why this isnt working. I even went into the Nvidia control panel and switched the settings to maximum performance and did the same in the intel graphic settings. I played it at 600x480 and it ran at 30 fps. Please help. Thank you.

Solution
Are you sure the laptop is using the discrete GPU and not the iGPU?

One thing you may want to do is run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both. That will help clean up a lot of software conflicts that may be at fault.
Another is to run virus and malware checks to be sure thare is not poorly written malware causing issues.
And, it may be time to do a gfx driver cleanup with DDU. Then install the latest driver for your system.

clutchc

Distinguished
Are you sure the laptop is using the discrete GPU and not the iGPU?

One thing you may want to do is run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both. That will help clean up a lot of software conflicts that may be at fault.
Another is to run virus and malware checks to be sure thare is not poorly written malware causing issues.
And, it may be time to do a gfx driver cleanup with DDU. Then install the latest driver for your system.

Solution

Matt_163

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

I have the preferred GPU set to high performance and it even says COD WAW.exe is using my 1050. I seem to have really bad luck with laptops

Matt_163

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017

Turns out im an idiot and accidentally had the settings in WAW set for a system with dual video cards...