Dell Inspiron laptop 2-in-1 13" 2016 model - random pop/crack noise while using headphones

joemerz

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015
This is my second replacement from Bestbuy. To be exact, it is the I7368-0027GRY model. It occurs when headphones/external speaker only. I called Dell support and they pretend they have no clue of this issue. The internet is full of complaints. This is causing me a lot of stress. Please help.

The pop/cracking noise sounds like when you hear a microphone cable being disconnected from a PA system. The noise is very noticeable and it occurs most of the time when I press play or pause a Youtube video or any other media file. Same goes by pressing the volume button or when I am opening or closing other windows. I have followed some recommendations online like updating the realtek audio drives etc, disabling Dell Support Agent and no luck. Dell connected remotely to this laptop and they updated the Bios also, the video card driver, and other stuff. So far, it has the latest drivers but they couldn't fix it.

I am desperately asking for help. this is a new laptop! Thanks in advance.

Specs: Windows 10 64bit, 8gb ddr4, 256 SSD, touch screen, 6th gen Intel i5-6200U mobile processor,

joemerz

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015

I bought it 3 days ago and I still can return it, but I thought of finding first a solution. It has great specs and I got it at an excellent deal. Are there other laptops with these specs that you can recommend? Supposedly Dell is the best but I am getting remorse.

joemerz

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015

A regular laptop will do. The 2 in 1 came with it. I need a full operating system with a ssd. Thanks btw for your help.

dexxterlab97

Respectable
Jul 4, 2016

They are fine. If bestbuy is your option then go with it. Has decent review. Good 520 integrated gpu from intel and a 6th gen i5 with 256gb. Spec wise looks nice

Solution

joemerz

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015

Thanks for all your help. I did return the Dell. Turns out Best Buy won't be carrying this model anymore. I get a feeling they are making room for other stuff or maybe issues with it. Best Buy is my choice because I'm using their credit card.

joemerz

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015

Yeah I usually buy everything from Amazon. It's just for the credit I'm using Best Buy.