Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it doesn't work, press CTRL+ATL+DEL then select Task Manager then click on New Task, type in explorer.exe and click OK then see if it will load your desktop screen back.
- If it will not work, open Task Manager again then click on Startup tab then disable all the startup items and reboot your laptop.
- Next to try if it will still not work is to load the laptop into Safe Mode, while the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode.
- Once loaded in Safe Mode run System Restore, put it back to an earlier date when the laptop was working properly.
- Here's how: http/windows.microsoft.com/en-PH/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc
- If all these will not work you'll need to reinstall Windows as the last option.