Dell Inspiron laptop won't charge.

Aug 20, 2018
Dell Inspiron 7559 won't boot, charge. Was fine one day, now I've bought a new charger cord hoping to fix it. All I get when I press the power button is the keyboard lights up for a second
I did have a lower voltage charger on it. Could that be the issue? If so how do I get it working?

Solution
Disconnect the adapter and battery and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to release any static power.
Then connect the power adapter and wait 5 minutes before powering up.

If that does not work, disconnect the adapter and battery and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to release any static power. Connect the battery, then the power adapter and wait 20 minutes before powering up.

Or

Press and hold the FN key + power button to turn on the system and start the system diagnostics.

Also you could press press and hold the D key + power button to turn on the system and run the LCD self test

If nothing works, I could be a motherboard failure.

jojesa

Distinguished
Disconnect the adapter and battery and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to release any static power.
Then connect the power adapter and wait 5 minutes before powering up.

If that does not work, disconnect the adapter and battery and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to release any static power. Connect the battery, then the power adapter and wait 20 minutes before powering up.

Or

Press and hold the FN key + power button to turn on the system and start the system diagnostics.

Also you could press press and hold the D key + power button to turn on the system and run the LCD self test

If nothing works, I could be a motherboard failure.

Solution