Dell Inspiron N5040 unable to boot drives

AJOKER21

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
My N5040's hard drive recently failed, so i ordered a new one and installed it no problem. However i can't boot from any of my flash drives. They aren't the issue and neither are the ISO files, i know because i used the same ones many times before without issue. I haven't upgraded the ram, only exchanged the single 4gb stick for two 2gb sticks. I have only gotten Ubuntu 16.04LTS to boot properly, it has since became the OS i use but i'm not that fond of Ubuntu, Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 do not boot. I have created drives using Ubuntu's Terminal and Command Prompt as well as Rufus and a few other applications. They boot fine on my main laptop just not my N5040. Any help? I am currently trying to install 8.1 on it but i don't care to use 7 or 10.
EDIT: I forgot to add that when i try to boot from the drives it either says it's ran into a problem or it just flat out shuts fully off

Solution
So after a couple of hours of working and toying around i tried something i had to do for a stubborn motherboard, i had forgotten this trick. Inside of the ISO is efi and within that is boot and microsoft. I opened the folder boot and copied bootx64.efi to the main efi folder and made a bootable drive via CMD. I already had the ISO extracted and put the files on the drive and it booted to the installer and it all worked out.

AJOKER21

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
So after a couple of hours of working and toying around i tried something i had to do for a stubborn motherboard, i had forgotten this trick. Inside of the ISO is efi and within that is boot and microsoft. I opened the folder boot and copied bootx64.efi to the main efi folder and made a bootable drive via CMD. I already had the ISO extracted and put the files on the drive and it booted to the installer and it all worked out.

Solution