Dell Inspiron N5050 Screen displaying Thin Red Line and green line

ajs1351

Honorable
Feb 14, 2012
i have dell labtop inspiron n5050. the screen broke, so i replaced it with a new one. and now i have a thin vertical green line, and horizontal thin red line displaying on the screen. I test the labtop with an external monitor and no lines, so i assume its not the video card. Im wondering do i have change the flex video cable?

Solution
1. screen is faulty and needs replacing - do the lines show up all the time, even while booting? If you already replaced this, and youre still having the issue, it must be 2 or 3. I cant believe that replacing the LCD didnt fix it!

2. Graphics card (well the laptop version of one) is faulty

3. Software or driver problem, which is the only one that's fixable without spending money

Try tapping F8 while booting to bring up the menu then booting into safe mode. If the green lines still appear it's probably a hardware fault.

pcmagic

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
1. screen is faulty and needs replacing - do the lines show up all the time, even while booting? If you already replaced this, and youre still having the issue, it must be 2 or 3. I cant believe that replacing the LCD didnt fix it!

2. Graphics card (well the laptop version of one) is faulty

3. Software or driver problem, which is the only one that's fixable without spending money

Try tapping F8 while booting to bring up the menu then booting into safe mode. If the green lines still appear it's probably a hardware fault.

Solution