Dell Inspiron N5110, No Display, No Error Beeps, No Boot

Mar 6, 2018
Hey there, I am Desmand.
I have a Dell Inspiron N5110, and I am facing some problems with it. Today I have just started the laptop and saw the dead screen, as i mentioned in the title there is no display (even the dell logo), there are no error beeps, and there is no boot. The cpu fan spinning madly. Is there anybody to help me.

Solution
Most likely a dead motherboard. It's a 2011 model so just buying a working one would be easier than trying to swap the motherboard.

You can try to reset the power to the motherboard, that sometimes works, although rarely to fix it. They often just stop working again a minute later. Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard, unplug main batter and wall power, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Without any batteries connected, plug in to wall power and see if it turns on. If it does, replace the CMOS battery and see if that works. If it happens to not work again you can try a new CMOS battery.
Most likely a dead motherboard. It's a 2011 model so just buying a working one would be easier than trying to swap the motherboard.

You can try to reset the power to the motherboard, that sometimes works, although rarely to fix it. They often just stop working again a minute later. Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard, unplug main batter and wall power, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Without any batteries connected, plug in to wall power and see if it turns on. If it does, replace the CMOS battery and see if that works. If it happens to not work again you can try a new CMOS battery.

Solution