Dell Inspiron N7010 won't turn on

ElementSC2

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
So my Dell Inspiron 17r, that I've had for 3 years won't power on. It randomly turned off while playing a game. Now, it won't turn back pn. Because I've had this laptop for 3 years, the warranty is no longger available.

The problem, I don't think, has been connected to overheating because I've always connected the laptop to a cooling fan, on a wooden surface.

When trying to power my laptop on, I get about half a second of the power button light and the right status light turning on, thrn back off. When holding the power button, the right status light will blink orange and white until I press the power button again. This is all with the battery and charger connected. I get the same results however without the battery.

Without the charger connected, I receive no response other than a very dim, dull light from the right status light.

Thanks!

GeoffatDell

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
The motherboard has most likely failed. I just repaired one with the identical problem; replacing the motherboard fixed the issue. I found the replacement on ebay for 175.00 with shipping. Its a relatively easy board to replace, compared to some I have encountered.

Regards,