dell insprion or lenovo ideapad

Aman-45

Estimable
Jan 20, 2016
I am going to buy a new laptop i couple of months and i am confused between these two....

Dell Insprion 7559

- 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz)
- 8GB Single Channel DDR3L 1600MHz
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
- 15.6-inch UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
- 1000GB Solid State Hybrid hard drive (5400RPM) + 256GB Solid State hard drive

Lenovo Ideapad Y 700

- Intel Core i7-6700HQ Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.50GHz)
- 8GB (4GBx2) PC3-17000 DDR4-2133 (2 SODIMM)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
- 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) LED Backlit, IPS, Anti-Glare display (Slim)
- 1TB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm + 128GB Solid State Drive M.2

I am currently using a dell laptop and I am fully satisfied with it but i want to have a upgrade now for which i am confused between these two laptops. My budget is Between Rs. 75000 to Rs. 90000.

Any other suggestion between Dell, HP, Lenovo and Acer

please suggest..??

Thanks in advance....

Solution

SamoanSavage824

Estimable
Apr 3, 2014

Hey Aman, personally I would go for the Lenovo simply because of the IPS display. If you like to have a UHD display for bragging rights or just to have a higher resolution, then the Dell is the obvious choice, but I'd take IPS over a high-res TN panel anyday for the viewing angles and color accuracy (I'm also a graphic designer as well as a gamer so color and display quality matters quite a bit to me vs. resolution and display speed). Also, I have not seen the devices myself, but I would assume that the 1080p display would provide you with a longer battery than the "4K" display. Also, Windows scaling issues wouldn't bother you at 1080. The bigger SSD on the dell is prefferable, but personally, using the SSD as my boot drive where I install only my necessary programs, I've always been fine with 120 and using a flash drive for extra, fast storage. These are all my thoughts, but ultimately it comes down to how you plan to use the device and your needs/wants/preferences as a user to choose which fits your tastes more closely :) I hope this helped and I'll be glad to help you with anything else or provide further input. Good luck :)

Aman-45

Estimable
Jan 20, 2016

thanks for suggestion but i have read somewhere that IPS is better than TN panel...??

just asking for my knowledge...

SamoanSavage824

Estimable
Apr 3, 2014

IPS is better and more preferable, in my opinion, especially for what I use a computer for. If you want to have a really fast monitor for gaming then TN is usually the way to go, but color reproduction won't be as good, and viewing angles will be dreadful compared to IPS. I much prefer the advantages of IPS as a designer and for web browsing and video consumption. The display will be colorful and should pop more. The TN panel is probably faster for gaming, so if you are a person who is really picky about low response times then you may want TN, but honestly it's a laptop with a 960m so I think the IPS is more fitting for the form factor and won't disappoint you in games. IPS panels are pretty fast anyways, it's mainly hardcore gamers who are concerned with the speed of a display.

Solution