Dell laptop makes weird screen and sounds

maverickgtx

Estimable
Jun 25, 2015
This thing is happening to my dell vostro 2520 frequently that whenever doing any normal tasks, the screen looks like it s getting hacked like in the movies and makes a really weird sound. And it wont read my 2nd stick of ram which is a stock dell 2gb, in slot one i have 4gb kingston hi speed ram.
Just downgraded from windows 8 to 7 ultimate. The Laptop has a pentium 2020m with 500gb hdd.
It would be awesome if somebody helped.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
Regarding the memory, try putting the 4gb ram to your 2nd slot to see if it's still good. The same goes for the 2gb memory, try putting it in slot 1 and see if it gets read by the system.

As for getting a weird screen and sound, have you tried scanning for virus or malware and/or update the drivers of your laptop?

ScreenSurgeons1

Commendable
May 3, 2016
Regarding the memory, try putting the 4gb ram to your 2nd slot to see if it's still good. The same goes for the 2gb memory, try putting it in slot 1 and see if it gets read by the system.

As for getting a weird screen and sound, have you tried scanning for virus or malware and/or update the drivers of your laptop?

Solution