Dell laptop start up problem

cudafishman

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
I cant get my dell xps laptop to boot up. Ive replaced the motherboard and the video card. Ive checked the output voltage on the power supply and replaced the battery. Last time it was working the battery was not taking a charge and I left the laptop on while I fell asleep the next morning I tried to boot it up nothing happened? Not sure at this pint what the problem could be any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Have you tried pulling the battery and see if it will start up with just the power cord connected? Some laptops will work without the battery in and some won't.

If it does turn on and run, then either the battery or the cord are the problem. It could be the cord in that if it isn't putting out enough of a charge to both charge the battery and run the device, then it won't work when the battery is in.
Have you tried pulling the battery and see if it will start up with just the power cord connected? Some laptops will work without the battery in and some won't.

If it does turn on and run, then either the battery or the cord are the problem. It could be the cord in that if it isn't putting out enough of a charge to both charge the battery and run the device, then it won't work when the battery is in.

Solution