Dell laptop, Windows 7 Internet Problems

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MacHooper

Honorable
Feb 15, 2012
Hey,

I have had a Dell laptop for a few months now and it keeps coming up with a "No Internet Access" Yellow Icon. It still says im connected but have no internet access and I cannot open any webpages or anything that involves the internet, every other computer and phone in the house will connect and stay connected. If I unplug the router and reconnect it works fine for 30-60 minutes but then I get the icon again, it works fine for a bit after being turned on and if it is rebooted it works fines but not for long, if I disable and then re enable the wireless networking device that was built in same result it works fine for a little bit but then stops. Now obviously I could just disable and re enable the wireless connector every half hour but its annoying and would rather it was fixed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mac Hooper

Solution
Hi,

I would start with testing if this problem happens with other laptops (wireless)

If it doesn't it is clearly the laptop problem if not it might be your router / modem.

Have you disabled power saving and hybernation/stanbdby.

I have seen problem with wireless because of that

Good luck

slayerwulfe

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014
i believe none of U understand ! U may install win. 7 on a HP pavilion zv 5000 if U want to, and access mobile devices thru a router. understand contract law. Microsoft states U may upgrade but NEVER downgrade. i'm going to make some post on my twitter account also that may be accessed on recent images (twitpic) and show your children my current project. turning win. 7 into a shell that i can do whatever i want with. sept 1 slayerwulfe@slayerwulfe @twitter.
slayerwulfe cave