Question Dell Latitude D531 fan problem

Desire1503

Great
Feb 18, 2022
Hello. I have a problem with another laptop, a Dell Latitude D531. I tried Windows XP, Vista and also 7, but the fan is not spinning as it should.. When I start the laptop, it spins at fast speed for few seconds, then it stops. When I get into Windows, there's no spinning at all..
I cleaned it, but nothing.
I updated BIOS and it was strange because while it was updating, the fan was spinning at maximum speed. But after finishing updating, it stopped spinning.
I checked the wires, everything's fine.
The charger has 19.5V, so it's ok.. I don't know what to do anymore, any ideas?

Etrius vanRandr

Prominent
BANNED
May 11, 2022
Hello. I have a problem with another laptop, a Dell Latitude D531. I tried Windows XP, Vista and also 7, but the fan is not spinning as it should.. When I start the laptop, it spins at fast speed for few seconds, then it stops. When I get into Windows, there's no spinning at all.

I had this issue with a D620. Pretty sure it's a BIOS issue that Dell never patched. On the D8xx it works fine but the D6xx and D5xx it doesn't.

The D531 is an ancient relic, Indiana Jones would love to put it in a museum. Not sure what you're going to be using it for, but that laptop is older than most highschoolers.