Dell m6600 power issues

manishgautam34

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
Hi recently my Dell m6600 has had a power issue.

I went to turn it on and it sort of got stuck in a very short bootloop. It would power on for a second then power off repeatedly the screen didn't light up or anything. The fans were running very loudly. It did this for a couple of minutes. Then stopped

Now the power button lights up and that's about it.

Is my motherboard fried?

Is it worth replacing?

It has an i7 with 8gb ram and an AMD m8900hd GPU

Thanks

Solution
Try remove the cell battery, then press the power button to draw all the power. After that insert the battery back, and boot the laptop to see it will boot or not.

If it will not boot, then remove the batter again, also the RAM, and the HDD( boot drive), press the power button. After done those thing, reinsert the cell battery to boot again. If it will boot, and the HDD, and boot the laptop.

If the laptop will not boot, that means you need the new laptop or new MB.

cin19

Distinguished
Try remove the cell battery, then press the power button to draw all the power. After that insert the battery back, and boot the laptop to see it will boot or not.

If it will not boot, then remove the batter again, also the RAM, and the HDD( boot drive), press the power button. After done those thing, reinsert the cell battery to boot again. If it will boot, and the HDD, and boot the laptop.

If the laptop will not boot, that means you need the new laptop or new MB.

Solution