Dell N5010 problem

md92h

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
i have a Dell N5010 laptop (i5-4GB-Intel Graphics) with the following problem:
when booting into windows 7, on the welcome screen the blue screen shows and less than a second the laptop restarts so i can't read what's written. i figured maybe there is problem with HDD. so using HDD Regenerator i scanned and did find bad sectors on the disk. however after about 10 minutes HDDR stops and says there is no HDD. in other words the HDD has shut down.
i used a new HDD and started to install windows but copying and extracting procedures were so slow and after restart windows installation couldn't continue saying it can't boot from HDD. on top of that the new HDD now has bad sectors! i checked the RAM (2X2GB) and it seems both of them are OK.
what can be the problem? is it the mainboard?

V1ctor89

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Make sure that the hdd is properly connected into the sata port. Next, boot up HDShredder (zero-fill software) it is better that any cell-regenerative software from my experience. Keep in mind that the more bads it has, the longer the process will last, but give it a chance, though. If at some point the progress stops and write errors continue to occur, stop it and throw it into the trash