Dell Precision m4600 screen flickering pixels when Cold

mahmoud_6

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016
my Laptop screen termites fuzzy flickering pattern changing dead looking pixels every where and i attached external monitor it works fine without any flickering pixels .this happens only when the laptop is cold at startup and after 2 or 3 mins when the screen warm up i close the lid and open it again it became fine.please help me with this problem.thanks in advance.

Hi,

Since it displays normally using an external monitor that means the graphics card is out of the question and is not the suspect. Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a clean install of the graphics card driver. Please do use the link below for the complete guide and tools.
- http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html
- Once done, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist.
- If these will not work, do check the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard.
- Take the cable out and put it back in making sure it's seated properly in the motherboard and on the LCD itself.
- If all these will not work you may need to replace the LCD display itself.

mahmoud_6

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016
Thanks for your fast reply. I`d exclude the drivers as the problem start from the bios boot so i think it`s hardware related,and may exclude the cable too as i close the lid slowly to can notice any change to the pixels pattern but there is nothing.but is cold can effect on the screen and make it flickering like this?

mahmoud_6

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016

the problem not from the monitor as i replaced it with another low resolution one (1366*768) and it did not show up the problem.i think it`s something related to power input from graphics card to the monitor as FHD monitor consumes alot of power than the HD monitors.but i still can`t determine which part i should replace.