Dell Smartphone Deemed Boring, Says Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Boring? From Dell? Nah...

If they could use the Adamo design team and the XT Tablet technical team from they might make a device that doesn't suck but I wouldn't have high hopes for it.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Make something new and better, not a copy that apparantly is "the best thing since sliced bread". If you make a new ground up phone that is awesome, the iPhone will fall

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
I actually thought of the prospect of an Alienware phone too! But then thinking about it, gaming phones have pretty much never been a huge hit. All an Alienware phone would bring is a nifty design.

Still, I can understand Dell's dilemma. Coming up with a phone that can do something no other phone can is difficult. Add in the fact that the company is not in the business of designing phones and it makes it seem like Dell was just chancing it's arm in the first place.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]Make something new and better, not a copy that apparently is "the best thing since sliced bread". If you make a new ground up phone that is awesome, the iPhone will fall[/citation]

Jebus why does everyone compare itself to the iPhone? I love how everyone with a new phone calls itself an iPhone killer because it has better hardware. Nothing about the iPhone's hardware is that special, it's all about the software... and the community of people making apps.

There are a lot of great HTC phones that do windows mobile and have some nice interface skins. These are not that publicly advertised as iPhone or the Storm but are very nice (especially compared to the storm).

Wonder if they will reduce themselves to making a phone with a built in hammer or tazer gun that pops out so it can really call itself an iPhone killer... =]

Status
Not open for further replies.