Dell touchpad not working

gohersohail

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
Hi,
I am using dell inspiron 15R 5537. I am having problems with my dell touchpad. I am using wireless mouse for a long time and just few days ago my touchpad stopped working. I downloaded the latest driver from dell website the touchpad started working back again. But again next day it just disappeared. And now its not even showing in device manager. I have tried everything to get my touchpad back. I have done diagnost to check the hardware problem but touchpad passed the test. If someone has any solution kindly posy it here.
Kind help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Solution
My Dell E6410 touchpad stopped working. Windows 10.
USB mouse was fine. Little button between the G and H keys worked too. No touchpad.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and the pad itself. Nothing.
No function keys would turn it on either.
Tried to Restore back a week, but my computer couldn’t find the file.
The real question I had was, software or hardware?
So I created a Linux boot DVD.
Very simple, took 10 minutes to download the Linux, a few more to burn the DVD, videos online explained how to do it.
I rebooted the computer in Linux.
Yeah! Touchpad worked. Not a hardware problem!
And when I rebooted in Windows 10, it still worked.
So, try this fix. At worse, it will tell you if your hardware is broken, or your...

MusenMouse

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
I would try to update the BIOS and see if that helps any.

What would be an interesting test is if you go into the BIOS menu, does the touchpad work? If it does that usually means a software\driver issue, which would be strange because you already reinstalled the driver.

Also if you type in "mouse" into the windows search bar and click on "mouse" and go under hardware, does your touchpad show up?

scott54937

Prominent
Jan 20, 2018
My Dell E6410 touchpad stopped working. Windows 10.
USB mouse was fine. Little button between the G and H keys worked too. No touchpad.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and the pad itself. Nothing.
No function keys would turn it on either.
Tried to Restore back a week, but my computer couldn’t find the file.
The real question I had was, software or hardware?
So I created a Linux boot DVD.
Very simple, took 10 minutes to download the Linux, a few more to burn the DVD, videos online explained how to do it.
I rebooted the computer in Linux.
Yeah! Touchpad worked. Not a hardware problem!
And when I rebooted in Windows 10, it still worked.
So, try this fix. At worse, it will tell you if your hardware is broken, or your software.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS