Dell V131 won't power on while the internal screen is attached.

Suema1233

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016
Hey,

My Dell V131 won't power on while the internal LCD is attached to the MB. It works fine when I plug in my external monitor and detach the LCD. As soon as I plug in the LCD charger's led turns off. It still beeps and indicates that there is a problem with the screen when powering on using the external screen.

I've tried swapping out the screen, unplugged all unnecessary components, used another charger, all that regular stuff.

Regards.

Hi,

Have you tried replacing the LCD itself, it seems like it's a hardware problem to me. The built in display maybe damaged already and causing it to short circuit the laptop while will make it not boot up. If you've already tried changing the LCD display with a new one or different one then the problem lies inside the motherboard itself.

Suema1233

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016

Yes, By swapping out the screen I mean the LCD (Got a box full of em :) ). Haven't found a new display cable to test with. Strange thing is, the same problem acquires even when I remove the LCD and only plug in the cable. Could be the port, can't think of a way to test it.
Now when I think about it, I need to find a new cable for sure. If that doesn't work, I'll just throw it away.