Dell Vostro 3559 for gaming

aniriti

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Hi, I just got a new laptop and was wondering whether it is suitable for gaming at all with AMD Radeon r5 m513 GPU, 8GB RAM and Intel Core i5-6200 CPU
Thanks!

Solution
Hello and thank you for asking on Tom's Hardware! Well, you'd probably only be able to play mainstream games such as LoL, Dota 2, and Team Fortress 2. Honestly, that GPU is decent enough for those games but not for anything more than that, you might also be able to play a little CS:GO. Hope this helps!

JBDelta

Estimable
Aug 13, 2014
Hello and thank you for asking on Tom's Hardware! Well, you'd probably only be able to play mainstream games such as LoL, Dota 2, and Team Fortress 2. Honestly, that GPU is decent enough for those games but not for anything more than that, you might also be able to play a little CS:GO. Hope this helps!

Solution

aniriti

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016

Thanks for the answer!

Yeah, the GPU leaves much to be desired apparently. Guess I'll have to wait until I can get my hands on Borderlands: the handsome collection or I'll just do a quick run with the lowest settings possible *sigh*

aniriti

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016

Sorry for the late reply.

I do have a custom-build PC, the thing is I am constantly on the road and thought I could use this laptop for occasional gaming. I tried running Borderlands 2 with smoothed fps and it seems to be playable. Guess I'll give it a go.

Thanks and happy new year! :)