Dell Vostro 5470 Battery Charging Disabled. How to enable?

kamilica

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
Hi all,

So few days ago I have noticed that my Dell Vostro 5470 not charging. It says plugged in, not charging. And sadly it is 0%, so I can't really drain the power, as I've read in some forums. As well, Vostro battery is not portable, that makes things even worse.

As I have noticed, the error accured after one of Windows update (I currently have Windows 10). Before I closed it (sleep) and left it for sometime running on low battery, so still don't know what what the real issue.

I ran Dell Service test, which said all is fine, battery is good. As well BIOS says all is good.

Please help me find the solution, as I am currently not in my home country and laptop is quite needed.

Thanks,
Kamile

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the battery driver from Device Manager.
- If it will not work, do a hard reboot unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button until the laptop shutdown completely.
- Boot it back up and observe if it will charge or not.
- If the same problem will persist, do run System Restore. Restore the laptop to an earlier date when it was working normally.
- Here's how to run System Restore: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ph/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options
- If system restore will still not work another option would be to open the laptop and reseat the connection of the battery inside.
- Unplug then plug the cable that connects the battery to the motherboard and see if that will make any difference.
- Here's a video guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDv8r17I_NQ

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 0
I Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 0
sonubro31 Laptop Tech Support 0
Smalinguu Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
only_shreyansh Laptop Tech Support 4
R Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 2