Dell 5558
-Intel i5-5200U 2.2 GHz
-GeForce GT 920M 4GB DDR3
-8 GB DDR3L RAM
-1 TB HDD
-Windows 10 Home 64 bits

PC Specs:
ASUS X455LJ
with the same specs with him but as I've seen on his youtube channel he could play at least some games fairly even 25-30 fps and I'm also okay with that. But the problem on my laptop is that it stutter every 5-10 seconds (Ex. even though locked on 30 fps but drops to 14-20). I know this type of laptop is not for gaming but on his youtube channel he could manage to play pubg running for 30-35 fps for a couple games or so but on mine even at the first game I also got the same fps he has but mine stutters every 5-10 seconds. I've even tried to OC, back to default, set the nvidia control panel to high performance etc., tried it back to default, tried using balanced mode on battery and few tricks from the internet but still got the problem. I envy others who could play not experiencing this. Btw his channel is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQFCwE1uaSeHIVmgh9zBpVg, just a proof of list of games he play at 920m drivers. Please response thankyou

Solution
but are the stutters gone? have you tried disabling the virtual memory instead? you have 16Gb of RAM. try using it fully without your VM.
when you say FPS drop, it suddenly goes down to 30 then goes back up again to 90? or it stays at 30?
if it goes back up to 90 then thats normal for your CPU. we cannot improve your system any further. im pretty sure the DELL laptop will have that as well. that can also be attributed to your internet latency to the server as well. if you suddenly have high ping, it will appear as lag to your screen.
if it stays at 30, then its could just be your thermal throttling or suddenly RAM isnt working efficiently (also maybe due to heat).
you

Chaqui

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

Oh I see, so how could I check the difference between the two on thermal limits?

marksavio

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017

Chaqui

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

It seems Asus is a little bit better than Dell based on the links you've given. But why do I suffer those mentions I had? Correct me if I'm wrong about my reading on the benchmarks.

marksavio

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
the stutters you can probably blame that on your RAM performance or your virtual memory settings.

you can check your virtual memory settings. press winkey+s. type "view advanced system". advanced. performance settings. advanced. virtual memory change. uncheck auto. select custom. copy recommended value as initial. max =2xrecommended. ok. restart.

check if this improves your gameplay.

he may have tweaked a little bit more on hte ingame graphic settings for his PUBG. or amy have even used the geforce experience to auto set towards performance.

change your powerplan OS to high. also for your GPU. 3d graphic settings. global. power set to adaptive/high.

also make sure you have the latest drivers from your laptops site. and BIOS if necessary. to keep it in tip top shape.

and you can check this video out if you havent already :D
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaYbFmB2rDw"][/video]

Chaqui

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

Okay I'll come back to you for feedback about your recommendation. Thank you

marksavio

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
no only on 1 drive. and its usually on your system drive. C:
since its usually the SSD drive (which has the highest random i/o performance). all the other secondary drives paging is disabled.

Chaqui

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

I only have HDD. When I watched the video he manage the initial size to 4096 the same with maximum size is that okay? Or would i stick to your recommendation?

marksavio

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
if your C drive is a SSD. i would recommend it. but since its just an HDD. its better you try not to let your system depend too much on your virtual memory over your RAM. so keep it at a optimal/balanced value.

Chaqui

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

Okay then so I'll stick with the recommended size times 2 on C: drive. Correct? Then I'll try testing the games afterwards if it works.

marksavio

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
but are the stutters gone? have you tried disabling the virtual memory instead? you have 16Gb of RAM. try using it fully without your VM.
when you say FPS drop, it suddenly goes down to 30 then goes back up again to 90? or it stays at 30?
if it goes back up to 90 then thats normal for your CPU. we cannot improve your system any further. im pretty sure the DELL laptop will have that as well. that can also be attributed to your internet latency to the server as well. if you suddenly have high ping, it will appear as lag to your screen.
if it stays at 30, then its could just be your thermal throttling or suddenly RAM isnt working efficiently (also maybe due to heat).
you

Solution

Chaqui

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

Maybe there's nothing I can do furthermore. Thankyouu