Dell W3707C Not Displaying Anything

xsilvor

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
So, my W3707C is just over a year old. I went to turn it on after having been away for a few weeks, and the DELL splash screen appears, but for less than a second (unusual), afterwhich the screen goes black and remains black, as if the tv were off. Sound from whatever input is selected still works. The screen is black, and no menu's are able to be read/used.

I've tried unplugging the set for an extended period of time, unplugging all the inputs, and resetting the TV (by unplugging everything and holding the power button down for 20 seconds, as the support guy told me to) - no luck with any of them. Sometimes, the DELL splash screen appears when I turn it on (although still very, very breifly), and other times it does not appear at all.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Download Knoppix software and burn it. Use it if you'll be able to boot up the computer and run. after 5 minutes of runnig and nothing happend then your system has bigger issue.

If the knoppix load up try using it for awhile and see if your computer is stable, if it is. Then your Hard Drive have missing file/s.

Get your Dell rescue disc and load it.