Dell XPS 15 advise, please?

Qwizh

Estimable
Feb 27, 2014
Hey people!

So I was really thinking about getting the Dell XPS 15 with 4k screen. I really love the looks and stuff and it seems like a really nice computer. But I started to dig deeper into when it came out and when there are more laptops coming out because I obviously don't want to buy a laptop which will be refreshed and be better for the same price next month, or the one after you know?

So I found out that today that Microsoft showed the new Dell XPS 15 with the XPS 13 design on Computex as a machine that's really made for Windows 10.

I was hoping you guys could give me your opinion on getting the XPS 15 right now or wait a few months till the refresh comes out because I am really hoping it will have a better graphics card.

Altough I like the design of the current XPS 15 better than the one of the XPS 13 (2015).

So I am in kind of a dilemma, please help me out guys?:)

Kind regards,
Qwizh

Also: does anybody have any idea about what specs are going to be like in the newer XPS 15?

game junky

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
If you're planning on running Windows 10 at launch, I would hold your water for 6 weeks to see what developments occur. I like Dell's take on near bezel-less laptops - looks clean and helps shrink the footprint but I don't know if there will be durability concerns since you're likely more exposed to scratches and cracks with less cushion. Are you wanting that specific laptop or are you just interested because it fits your needs? I personally like both that model as well as the ASUS G501 for a 4k display with a mid-high end GPU in a small package. I am currently using a Lenovo Y50 - it's not as skinny by any means but it's nice to game on the go without breaking my back.

Qwizh

Estimable
Feb 27, 2014

Hey,

I am currently rocking a one year old MacBook Pro 15 inch Retina but because I am doing ICT at school I found that I can't do with the MacBook what I need. So I am looking for a laptop which has a similar kind of form factor and at least as much power and a decent battery so I found the XPS 15 but I like to be informed before buying something new so I dug into it and today I found it that there is a new one coming soon.

So yes I think I'll just wait, I am not in hurry.

Thanks