Dell XPS / Macbook / Esq Options

Shawn Dunmire

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
I'm looking for a laptop that's thin (less than .8"), light (under 4lbs), with either a breath taking 1080p screen or a higher res. I like thin bezels and a good track pad. I'd like it to have a decent graphics card (doesn't need to be a 970 or 1050ti) that'll play diablo 3, league of legends, and render stuff well. I like the XPS15 but the outsides casing of the dell just looks like the cheap $300 dells you can buy. Macbooks are great but are better when invested with an iphone etc. Are there some awesome options you can suggest? I saw the new gaming dell laptop, looks nice, but doesn't have everything I want. Help! :) tyty

--------------

1. What is your budget? $1000 ish

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15 only

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080+

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Both

5. How much battery life do you need? not important to me

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Diablo 3, league, medium type games at full settings.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Light work

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Needs an SSD, at least 120gb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. anywhere really

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 years minimum

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? dont care

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. see above

13. What country do you live in? USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. NA

grana92

Estimable
Oct 17, 2014
Would you sacrifice screen size for mobility? Asus ZENbook series is one of the thinnest i've seen that can fit your budget but they are 13'' screen size. Also they come with a QHD touchscreen, SSD, etc..

Shawn Dunmire

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013

If I were to bump up the budget what is ur recommendation?

if I were to make a few sacrifices to stick at my price point what would you recommend?