Demand for Nintendo Wii is Slowing Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
I wonder what there profits will be like when there next system comes out. I really don't think they will sell nearly as many as they did the Wii because all those casual gamers and old people who bought the system, played wii sports, then let it sit on their shelf to collect dust will most likely not invest in a new system. At least I don't think they will.

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
This don't count accessory like Wii Fit or Wii MotionPlus.

2x (up to 4x) Wii MotionPlus per Wii.

Lost on Wii Sale will be compensate by MotionPlus sale.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Yup, Wii colors soon and I just read a article that Japan has a black one out but has no plans to ship it to the USA, until now. LOL

juliom

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
[citation][nom]Soldier37[/nom]No hd no DVD no Internet and suckhole graphics, it's amazing how popular this crap is. True gaming platforms are the ps3 and PC.[/citation]
No Internet? Are you sure or are you just drunk?

JeanLuc

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
You know the sales of a games console isn't and has never been directly correlated to power of it's graphics chip so by posters like jstall and Soldier37 should read up on their video game history then come back and post.

The downturn in turnover on the Nintendo Wii isn't a major surprise, all of the consoles have been effected (something that should have been mentioned in this article) by the recession (so much for the argument that the video game industry is recession proof). It's not like less people are buying Wii's and are buying 360's and PS3's instead, again just look at the numbers.

Nintendo will bounce back, their one of the video games industries 'great survivors'. Go Mario!

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Soldier37[/nom]True gaming platforms are the ps3 and PC.[/citation]

What a narrowminded view you have. Obviously since the PS3 has less support it must be superior to the 360. Wouldn't True Gaming Platform mean the platform with the most gaming choices available?

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I think we also have to consider the drop in sales must be partly due to the Wii selling so well in the first place. I'm sure the majority of people who really want a Wii already have one and its unlikely they will purchase the console again.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I think we also have to consider the drop in sales must be partly due to the Wii selling so well in the first place. I'm sure the majority of people who really want a Wii already have one and its unlikely they will purchase the console again.[/citation]
True that. I waited a couple years before buying my Wii. Basically I waited until stores were keeping them in stock, and I only needed the one. Except for a handful of people waiting for a price drop, can't imagine too many more are going to sell. They'll always be a decent trickle of sales (as seen with continued PS2 sales), but the initial buy-in is over.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
I think demand is slowing because most people who wanted a Wii finally got one ^_^. Unlike it's rivals Nintendo earns money on every unit it sells rather than loosing money. Now Nintendo's job is to get consumers to buy other games for it which may be a challenge since so many are happy with just wii sports and wii fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.