Denon 7.2 receiver configuration

Ssully58

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
I have a Denon 7.2 receiver and I am hooking it up to three speakers. One right front, one left front and one center. How do I set up my receiver for this speaker configuration?

Solution
Front - large
Center - large (unless it is smaller than the right and left front - then small)
sub - none
surrounds - none
backs - none
If all three fronts are identical then you can leave the balance alone. If the center is different then you will need to adjust the level of the center in the speaker set up menu so that when the noise comes out of each speaker the volume is the same at your chair. The delay or distance setting will be almost the same but it is good to adjust this too, Check the manual on how.

ien2222

Distinguished
If you are going to use Audyssey, it should automatically turn off the surrounds.

Otherwise (and if you want to make sure), go into setup -> speakers -> manual setup -> speaker config and from there set surround and surr. back to "none"

Front - large
Center - large (unless it is smaller than the right and left front - then small)
sub - none
surrounds - none
backs - none
If all three fronts are identical then you can leave the balance alone. If the center is different then you will need to adjust the level of the center in the speaker set up menu so that when the noise comes out of each speaker the volume is the same at your chair. The delay or distance setting will be almost the same but it is good to adjust this too, Check the manual on how.

Solution