Denon Announces "affordable" Expensive Blu-ray Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

great... the best blueray player out is probably the ps3... not including the several thousand dollar nice ones... but the xbox 360 will soon to be the number one because when they make that... people will flock to it like moths to a light

G

Who are you kidding. After this year and Gears 2 its over for the 360. Its the PS3s time now and next year and the year after that...Blu Ray wont help a 2 1/2 year old console!

G

As an owner of a PS3, I can say that it is a good bluray player. It loads most BD discs relatively quickly and you can upgrade its firmware easily online. HOWEVER, it gets extremely hot and uses 170 watts while playing a BD compared to some other players that only use 25 watts. Some of you might not care about this, but you are paying for the electricity anyways. Also, you have to buy a separate bluetooth remote for the PS3 and you cannot use it in an all-in-one remote. The following link has legitimate points and yes I do own a PS3. http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9941740-1.html?tag=bl

mr roboto

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
BARRYL, the PS3 is hardly new. Remember the PS3 was held back a full year (because of the Hollywood tight asses) with nothing but the Blu-Ray profiles updated. So essentially the Playstation has maybe a year on the XBox360. Either way neither are suitable for Hi-Def gaming IMO. Not choppy stuttering 1080P gaming but true 2560x1600 16xCSAA Hi-Def gaming.

sunangel

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
well barryl, i fell for the xbox 360 2560x1600 16xcsaa hi-def gaming hype and let me tell you if it wasn't for the fact the 360 russels like a lightweight handheld portable vacuum cleaner the gaming experience could have been near-awesome. but considering the ps3 makes MUCH LESS noise plus the 2560x1600 16xcsaa hi-def gaming experience is awesome it is an easy decision on which to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.