Despite Poor Financials, Nintendo Will Not Layoff Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martell1977

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Nice to see a company that isn't have a "knee jerk" reaction to their financials. I think there is a lot more to this story but the CEO didn't want to say too much in the public forum. Companies like Nintendo usually have something in the works and I would bet that the CEO is banking on that to help their Wii-U sales rise.

I really like the Wii, but I don't see a compelling reason to buy a Wii-U, plus I think the controller is probably confusing to developers and customer alike.

outlw6669

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
I applaud you Nintendo.
Finally, a major company who can see beyond the investors and short term profits.
If there were more companys like this, I am quite sure the global financial situation would be better overall than the crisis => crisis mode we seem to have the past several years.

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Wow, it took the global economy going down the drain for one company to finally get it... you kinda need people working for you, if you want to get actual work done. Managers these days presume that everything gets done by itself, and the less people you have as employees, the cheaper it is!! I seriously can't understand what the heck these people study before they get their degrees... It's getting ridiculous these last few years. It reminds me of sports teams constantly changing their roster or their coach the moment they lose a game. If you don't let your team become a team, you never win.

deksman

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Actually fixxxer113... companies today increasingly automate in order to cut operational costs.
During recession times, companies are forced to automate that much more and faster.
They do it the moment it becomes affordable.
If companies expect to remain in business, they will have no choice but to automate everything - otherwise they will be left behind.

Its unavoidable. Computers surpassed Humans in repetitive and specialized jobs over a decade ago, and today, everything that most companies do can (and will be) automated.
No one is irreplaceable.
Its actually easier, cheaper and more cost effective to automate a job than to employ a Human that cannot compare to machines in the amount of productivity or how much they can work.
Also, machines can be designed to last indefinitely, require little to no maintenance and to be self-maintaining. We already had that technology and resources to pull it off globally a long time ago.
Problem is the artificial notion of 'cost' or 'money' that's holding us back - but as I said, its only a matter of time at this point.

Automation isn't a bad thing... main issue is that we don't live in a system that use technology or automation for betterment of everyone, but instead, its used for profits and increased productivity.
Essentially, the system is eating itself out of existence at an exponential rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.