Solved! Desprate, want to buy gaming Laptop/Notebook. Not sure where to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

emperorofmankind

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Greetings everyone. I’d like to thank everyone for reading this.
I’m interested in buying a notebook/laptop for gaming. I currently can’t afford anything like A Qosmio X305-Q712, which is a Dream notebook. I’ve also failed at looking at multiple sites, such as best buy, Wal-Mart etc. They have notebooks that are great for regular task, bad for gaming. I’m A bit short of cash. Though I’m not asking for the best notebook. I need a notebook/Laptop that I can play Half-life 2/ Counterstrike Source, or World of Warcraft on high to medium settings. I do not want A desktop computer; because, I’m always on the go a lot. Things like size of the LCD Screen does not matter. These are my answers.

Thank you for your help and consideration to all whom read this. I hope I’m posting this in the right area.

1_What is your budget?

500-750 USD

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Does not matter

3_What screen resolution do you want?

Does not matter

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Does not matter

5_How much battery life do you need?

Does not matter to me.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop?

Yes, the only purpose.

If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

World of Warcraft on medium to High to medium 40-60 frames per second. I will defiantly have the shadow detail off, because it causes a lot of problems. Or Half-life 2.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?

Strictly being able to play online games, with A wireless internet card.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

Very little, irrelevant to me.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

Any site is good, any store, as long as I can order it in the united states.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

6 months, or less.

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.

The feeling of the notebook, or looks are totally irrelevant to me. Just how well it can play the games I want. It doesn’t matter if it’s from the year 1998. If it can play games I listed at 40-60 fps in certain demanding, but not to demanding situations. I’ll be pleased. I know it won’t be able to play everything easily.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I don’t prefer any specific brands. I just hope which ever one is suggested, it can get the job done.

13_What country do you live in? U.S.A

emperorofmankind

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Heh... Now that i'm looking through a couple of notebooks/laptops on certain sites like newegg. It seems my requirements may note be realistic. I'm not sure what to do here. It'll probably take A while, before A real notebook can be bought. I'm in one heck of a predicament here.

EDIT: These where A few laptops I was looking at.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834107024

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115572

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152128

emperorofmankind

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Your budget is low and I would suggest you to raise for about $100 -$200 for a gaming laptop to meet your requirement...

I'll take that into consideration, I just A bit more time to take that as an option.

These two Asus laptops would be better choices to play games: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6834220570

They are basically the same laptop, one has a 17'' screen and the other a 15''. The ATI HD4570 isn't the best but it will play WOW.

I am particular interested in your reply. How well do you think it will play WoW? Medium to high settings in fps?
For example: My HP Pavilion dv9500 could play WoW at max 60 fps on minimum settings inside a small room.
I've been looking around myself. Most notebooks I find have graphics card such as the the Intel GMA 4500MHD which is note meant for gaming, at least from i've read.

Thanks for your consideration, and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.