Destiny the Game: Everything You Need to Know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innocent_Bystander

Honorable
May 2, 2013
If you play FPS on consoles I feel bad for you, son. I got 99 problems but inaccurate aim ain't one.

Well, it's console, so inaccurate aim applies to everyone.

Getting this so my PS4 can stop eating dust after about 4 months...

captainnemojr

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
$500 million and no PC version? With the new consoles' hardware basically that of a PC, this game could have easily been made for XBOX One, PS4, and PC only.

IInuyasha74

Honorable
Not my type of game so I kind of doubt I will play it anyways, but I wonder if they will have a Wii U release ever. It may not be up to speed of the PS4 or Xbox One, but its faster than PS3 and Xbox 360 so it should be able to run it.

das_stig

Distinguished
Of course there will be a PC version, they just have to update the bugs for the Xbox version before porting and recompiling the code. Does anybody actually code games for the PC these rather than just badly port a console ?

kyle382

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Of course there will be a PC version, they just have to update the bugs for the Xbox version before porting and recompiling the code. Does anybody actually code games for the PC these rather than just badly port a console ?

yeah tons of developers do, my most anticipated is called "star citizen". check it out.

eckmon

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014
I did not pre-order, but my friends that did were super excited they will get access to the beta version as a part of the pre-order promotion. Now I am not sure if they will continue with their 'beta' access since the game is closing out beta tonight. That is bogus. Now, about me....I was very apprehensive about the game but had tons of my friends send me an invite when it was released two days ago. I finally downloaded yesterday and I am loving the game - albeit half the time, accuracy has been a major problem...only to come here and read they are closing out the beta tonight. What a mean unnecessary tease to those who are enjoying the experience and what a rude approach to the consumers who pre-orded with the hopes of having beta access that lasts more than 3 days. And...what is the point of PS getting the release for beta sooner than xbox...what all this fighting? I am not a pro gamer but have spent numerous hours these past few months gaming because I have nothing else going on till I am back to 100%. Stuff like this can get frustrating. Standardization should be a seamless strategy by now.

atavax

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Vertical Progression in PvP, Heavy focus on story in a shooter, forced aim down sight mechanics, console exclusive. 4 reasons i won't be getting it. Hopefully it bombs and Activision goes bankrupt.

atavax

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
You know they plan on having additional costs after the initial purchase as well, but they're hiding what they're doing and not announcing it. Not only do they need to recoup the $500 million and pay for servers which will be fairly expensive so such a large scale shooter world, they are going to have a huge dev team working on fixing the problems that are inevitable in such a massive game. They need to monetize the game after the $60 purchase. They said no subscriptions, so lots of DLC or microtransactions probably.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
If the spent 490 million on game dev and 10 on ads, that would impress me. But Im almost certain its the other way around. God knows how many subcontractors they had to make this game.

So, for me, PC or not PC (i am a pc user), 0 hypes given (cant use the F word) untill I actually see if its worth something.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
bungie for screwing over us PC people again.
Oh well, my nephew is going to love it on his 360, I guess I'll stick to Payday 2 and Borderlands 2.

Traciatim

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
One of 2014's biggest games of the year, or biggest marketing budgets of the year? Maybe if they made good games they wouldn't have to spend so much on marketing.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
bungie for screwing over us PC people again.
Oh well, my nephew is going to love it on his 360, I guess I'll stick to Payday 2 and Borderlands 2.
It's not Bungie making those calls, it's Activision. The publisher controls nearly all of the decisions regarding release dates, what platforms the game will be for, pre-order bonuses, and many other things that are out of the developers' hands.

coolitic

Honorable
May 10, 2012
And how is this the biggest game of the year? I don't plan to get this game because even if there is a pc version, it would probably be a badly made console port.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
I came here to see what this article is about and im like... Oh, I read this in july 28th....
Why is this in tomshardware as "news"? Curious, is toms hardware so low on contenent but so high in expectations that they are reusing previous news articles?

Status
Not open for further replies.