Destroyed my OS

kirthbongar

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014
I tried to root my phone (which i know breaks the warranty but i did not have a warranty) it is a galaxy note 2 sch-i605 Verizon carrier. I do not like Verizon so i decided to take the cheap 75 craigslist phone. I am proficient in jail breaking IOS devices and thought it would be the same concept. BUT now I do not have an operating system on the phone. Is there a way i could go straight to a rooted Operating System now or do I have to download the original OS and re install it? Also I can get into the factory reset options and into the download screen on my phone. I live off of my phone and do college work on it. Any help will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Solution
I know your pain with trying to figure this out. Its hard. Nearly every device is different it seems so you would probably have more luck finding a forum made just for the Galaxy Note 2 and asking for help there.

Some you can just straight install a full OS on your phone I think, but on my older Sony Xperia phone from 2011 I know I have to have stock image on it, then usually flash it with a new something or a series of somethings to fix it.

IInuyasha74

Honorable
I know your pain with trying to figure this out. Its hard. Nearly every device is different it seems so you would probably have more luck finding a forum made just for the Galaxy Note 2 and asking for help there.

Some you can just straight install a full OS on your phone I think, but on my older Sony Xperia phone from 2011 I know I have to have stock image on it, then usually flash it with a new something or a series of somethings to fix it.

Solution

kirthbongar

Estimable
Aug 6, 2014
Thanks yall I am going to take it into verizon and just tell them i was using it just for games and wifi since i did not have a plan or anything and see if i can just pay them to put stock os on my phone.