Determining motherboard model

Manischewitz

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Hi everyone,

My dad recently got himself ripped off by buying a netbook in China. The netbook is manufactured by an obscure brand called PecFish. It comes with supposedly 1gig ddr3 ram but when I took off the back panel where the ram is located and found a single 1gig stick of ddr2. The netbook currently uses a Intel Atom n450 cpu which, suprisingly, was confirmed by CPUz. I was wondering if there is a way for me to identify the motherboard so I can upgrade the ram. I'm hoping that it will support four gigs so I can upgrade the OSx from a bootlegged XP to Windows 7.

Thank you,
Manischewitz

Solution
There is a motherboard tab in CPU-Z that should give you that info! If you don't get it there it is take it apart to find out.
I doubt that a netbook would support 4GB's most I have seen is 2GB.

rolli59

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2007
There is a motherboard tab in CPU-Z that should give you that info! If you don't get it there it is take it apart to find out.
I doubt that a netbook would support 4GB's most I have seen is 2GB.

Solution

AntiZig

Distinguished
CPU-Z has a Mainboard tab?

if not go to Run>msinfo32, go to hardware tab and try to scout for info there.
Here's a screenshot of mine where luckily one of the entries lists the mobo model - Intel Q963
47821329.png

Manischewitz

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
CPUz is telling me that the model is Pine Trail M CRB. However I cant find any information on it through google. Is there any site that can give me more info? I tried to take it apart but the back plate was stuck on too tight so I stopped cause I got scared that I might damage it if I used more force =(.

AntiZig

Distinguished
well I've found this on some random forum:

the 1 malaysia netbook spec

netbook name : Gold Air
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Platform : Intel PineTrail
> Mainboard : Intel Pine Trail - M CRB
> Chipset : Intel NM10
> Processor : Intel Atom N450 @ 1666 MHz
> Physical Memory : 1024 MB (1 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
> Video Card : Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 3150
> Hard Disk : SAMSUNG (160 GB)
> Monitor Type : HSD101PFW2 - 10 inches
> Network Card : RTL8101 PCIe Fast Ethernet Adapter
> Network Card : AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCIe)
> Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate Professional 6.01.7600
> DirectX : Version 11.00
> Windows Performance Index : 1.0 on 7.9
according to that it's the intel NM10 chipset. we've had another thread on the NM10 chipset recently, where I've found that it should support DDR2 in all 4 slots, while other people tried to prove that it has DDR3. I'm still not sure which one it is or what the exact capabilities are.

but here's the links for your reference:
http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/reference/Pineview_Moblin_disclosure.pdf
http://www.intel.com/Products/Internet_Device/Chipsets/NM10/NM10-overview.htm

TRENDING THREADS