Diablo III for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 Finally Arrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Three acts? D3 is 4 acts on PC so I would assume its still 4 acts on console.

As for it being a monster hit, it sold a lot of copies but only has about 1-2 million playing at best and most are numbers from people who log in to just check out the AH not play.

Its really dwindled and wont get better till the next major patch at the earliest.

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
jimmysmitty : "Three acts? D3 is 4 acts on PC"

You beat me to it, I was just thinking the same thing.

But I really have to question why someone would release a new title when non-backward-compatable next gen consols are released in a few weeks. Wouldn't the programming time be better spent providing content for the unsaturated launch of said platforms? Corner the market of those kiddies buying every title for their new toy before boredom sets in?

Then again, Diablo 3 is not exactly pushing hardware limits now, is it ;-)

joaompp

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Honestly why can't I have controller support on my PC for D3 if it's on the consoles, come on blizzard, you're streamlining almost everything else.

nbelote

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
The controls fit well. Sure, it's easier on the PC when everyone has their own screen but it's a hoot with 3 other people yelling at each other in the same room.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
Seriously, sometimes I wonder why we bother investing so much in gaming PCs. The few exclusives we had have gone on to the consoles. Of the consoles hits like GTA, we have to wait ages before they appear on PC. I actually have an 360 and PS3 and a gaming PC as well, but as I look to replace my desktop, I am seriously wondering why I need to invest in a decent graphics card when publishers treat PC gamers so badly.

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
"Seriously, sometimes I wonder why we bother investing so much in gaming PCs"

depends on your tase, mman74.

if you love old games, then Dosbox & emulators etc. give you more freedom than vconsole, xbla or whatever online paid service they're pushing these days. I didn't buy D3 but still got in the mood to reinstall D2 and it ran natively on my W7 laptop & networked easily with my old win98 desktop for some Lan gaming too, on my 1 copy of the game thanks to Blizzard's generous no-cd patch.

if you like choice of mouse/keyboard/gamepad/joystick/wheel/wired/wireless controllers.

if you like messing around with settings/options/mods/editors

if you're smarter & sometimes crave for something smarter. too many examples of famous-name games dumbed-down for gamepads & tvs. baldu'rs-gate diablo-clone on consoles?

if you loath unskippable intros/titlescreens and know which .bik files to delete on PC

if you loath online interruptions/updates/hellos/popups/DRMs/loading-times and crack the games you legally own

expensive?? IMO there's been no significant cpu advancement since core2duo, nor any significant 3d-card advancement since radeon 5850 (or it's equivelant geforce), so you don't need the latest hardware. don't be hyped by rediculous 2048x1024 benchmarks. any game'll run smooth on a cheap radeon-7750 if you just realize that playing higher than 1024x768 really doesn't make much difference.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Well at least my old Q6600/560 Ti/4gb ddr2 dosent need to be updated. With so much crap coming out on PCs, Ive actually started doing other things instead of gaming.
Interesting.

nolarrow

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
"Seriously, sometimes I wonder why we bother investing so much in gaming PCs"

because you can't play an RTS, MOBA, Civ without a mouse and keyboard. And FPS feel much better with it. It's more like, why can't consoles have mouse and keyboard. My Q6600 lasted so long this gen, I went for an i5 for the lulz cuz I upgraded to a 120hz monitor and need the cpu speed for rts games.

nino_z

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Well it looks like suddenly it CAN run without constant internet connection...That's exactly what ruined it for me on the PC but perhaps i will enjoy it on the PS3. Ok Blizzard, round two it is then...

Status
Not open for further replies.