Difference between ASUS ROG and a "regular ASUS"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2018
Hello. I want to get a new laptop, for gaming. The thing is that someone told me I should get an ASUS ROG, and I found something with great hardware at a great price.
So, this is the one " Notebook / Laptop ASUS Gaming 15.6'' FX502VM, FHD, Procesor Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ (6M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz), 12GB DDR4, 1TB 7200 RPM, GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, Endless OS, Black "
and this is the ROG one " Notebook / Laptop ASUS Gaming 17.3 ROG GL753VE, FHD, Procesor Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ (6M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz), 8GB DDR4, 1TB 7200 RPM, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, Endless OS "
So, after all, what does the ROG series have bonus from that one?
Thank you very much for your time and help.
L.E.: Does the ROG series have a better cooling? I will also buy a good cooling pad.

Solution
If it's between those two get the ASUS gaming one, it has a better GPU and more RAM. ROG is just a pretty label when you're buying a full system. If it was an individual component such as a motherboard or GPU then the ASUS ROG products tend to be slightly higher spec than the normal ASUS products (factory overclock for example) but in this case the gaming one is the better machine.
Mar 28, 2018

Does the ROG series have a better cooling? I will also buy a good cooling pad.

Captaingadget

Commendable
Jan 20, 2017
If it's between those two get the ASUS gaming one, it has a better GPU and more RAM. ROG is just a pretty label when you're buying a full system. If it was an individual component such as a motherboard or GPU then the ASUS ROG products tend to be slightly higher spec than the normal ASUS products (factory overclock for example) but in this case the gaming one is the better machine.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.