Difference between Sound Blaster Omega - Recon3d / Tactic3d ?

DoN_GruFFnuT

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
Can get both for same price , but not sure which one to get , I will be using it on the pc only.
Have read that the recon3d is just tactic3d with a sound card but not sure and cannot find any information specifically on the two.

Is there any other headsets better than these for around same price ?
At the moment I have the Corsair 2100 but is annoying and the 7.1 echos and sounds bad.

Thanks for reading!

Solution
You could buy headphones and a mod mic like the Antlion 4.0, your just simply attaching a mic to headphones, and with that you will get best quality. You might be able to snag a Astro A40 in that range in amazon, and also have a look at the Steelseries headsets.

Here is a review and a test of the Antlion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVFKbVPTdG8

Hope this helps!

BlueFireZ

Estimable
Recon3D is supposedly a higher model, there is not much difference (you can compare models on their website), so why not go for the higher? What exactly is your price range?, there is like a $100 difference in price between the two.

DoN_GruFFnuT

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014

I already have the corsair 2100 which is a good headset and not sure if many other headsets or even the Sound blaster omega is better , but my corsair 2100 is annoying so looking for a new one
On amazon the Tactic3d is £102 and the recon3d on Creative site is £99 , so i suppose the recon is the one to go with ?
Wanted to buy of amazon so could return if i don't like it or if it is fact worse than my Corsair 2100.

I only care for the sound quality and not sure if there's better ones out there for same price , headphones are probably better sounding for the price but I need a mic and have nowhere to put it so preferably need a headset.