Different between iPad Air 3G and 4G??

PlayerType

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
My family in Vietnam want an iPad Air 4G. Can they use it in Vietnam? Do they really need 4g? WTF is the different between 3G and 4G?

Solution
Fair enough. I would still suggest contacting Apple Sales to try and find a local model that will work in Vietnam. If not, try finding the exact number frequency of the carrier (ie: 1700/2100mhz) and go to GSMarena.com to try and match up a suitable iPad.

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012
They are a different standard of wireless development that is varied on things like frequency and data speed transfers for cellular internet.
4G is theoretically faster; however, since this is a cellular technology, it is important you figure out what radio frequency it needs to have for the network they want to use it on.

I would ask them the carrier they plan to be with and then send an email to apple sales requesting the correct model number to purchase where you are. If the radios are not compatible, it will work on Wifi but the cellular functionality will not work.

I don't mean to be rude... but why do so many people come to Toms for help when this is what salespeople are paid to answer? They're far more likely to know when it's a product they're expected to specialize in.

PlayerType

Honorable
Dec 14, 2013
Because Tomshardware is freaking awesome, that why. I get quick answers ;D. thanks man

canadianvice

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2012
Fair enough. I would still suggest contacting Apple Sales to try and find a local model that will work in Vietnam. If not, try finding the exact number frequency of the carrier (ie: 1700/2100mhz) and go to GSMarena.com to try and match up a suitable iPad.

Solution