Digital Ants Used to Battle Internet Worms

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

What in the world? Is this a joke or what? Sounds like its a good idea at comprehensive intelligent antivirus but I have yet to hear a bout a "web-crawling" anti-virus yet....

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Interesting. It should work quite well in theory (assuming how well Google's bots work, which is to say, quite well). Now only if some one could make an actual product using this tech.....

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
one would have to put quite a bit of trust into a company that releases these.. assuming they'd be allowed "crawl through" your firewalls and leave "cookies" all over your network.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I have my doubts knowing how things often pan out with over the self anti-virus programs and how they can barely measure up to every day threats when surfing even eBay much less any ware else. Not to mention the countless episodes of problems with mc afee causing problems with drivers failing to install or later become non-functional. Oh lets not forget about Norton it is no better than the filth it is supposed to keep out. Symantic (cringe) it is very non-entertaining when it blocks access to the internet, local network, and yet again problems with printers. So I think that this could just be another way for developers to get lazy with unoptimized code that increasingly wasteful on existing resources. Such practices have negated to a large degree of any advancement of new hardware. It should make one wonder when there are games like GTA IV that can even bring a CellBE cpu to it's knees.

G

So how do you disable these ants? Do you send out some form of 'virus' to find these ants, and will they see that as a threat to turn them off?

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
cool, I was waiting for this to happen - fight fire with fire.

hope what they say is true tho.

if there is one thing I hate more than having to install a resource hogging virus scanner, its having one infect my computer with out my consent!

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
hay ive seen this before.... terminator :D Cyberdyne is coming >.< i can picture this as a way for a computer that gains awareness to control everything BWAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! if it protects my computer im all in... just hope that the Evil machines give me an opt in for slavery over annihilation... ower only hope is if theres two aware computers MAC VS PC WHO WILL WIN!!! ULTIMATE FANBOY MATCH AT 10!!!

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]hmmmmmmmm[/nom]So how do you disable these ants? Do you send out some form of 'virus' to find these ants, and will they see that as a threat to turn them off?[/citation]
Haven't you seen terminator yet??? Skynet is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.