digital audio leads

Stephen_157

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
Hi i just bought an digital audio splitter because i want to connect a virgin box and a ps4 to an lg surround sound player as i have just bought a 4k tv so would like everything set up to the tv with hdmi leads but would like surround sound from the surround player but the splitter did not work so could i do it with a hdmi splitter and out of the surround sound player to the tv with the other 2 connected to the splitter...thanks

Solution
Without the LG and TV make and model info I can only guess what connections you have.
If you are trying to connect two sources (PS4 and Vbox) to one input of any kind you need a input selector not a splitter.
Usual way of connecting this gear would be HDMI from PS4 and Vbox to TV. TV optical audio output to the LG surround sound. No additional switching needed.
If the LG will support Dolby TrueHD processing then the PS4 should be connected to it with HDMI and the LG to the TV with HDMI in addition to the optical connection for the Vbox.
Without the LG and TV make and model info I can only guess what connections you have.
If you are trying to connect two sources (PS4 and Vbox) to one input of any kind you need a input selector not a splitter.
Usual way of connecting this gear would be HDMI from PS4 and Vbox to TV. TV optical audio output to the LG surround sound. No additional switching needed.
If the LG will support Dolby TrueHD processing then the PS4 should be connected to it with HDMI and the LG to the TV with HDMI in addition to the optical connection for the Vbox.

Solution