digital residue isolation and extraction

snowball6967

Estimable
Dec 20, 2014
i suspected my girlfriend of cheating so i left a digital voice recorder at my home whenever i left and i was right.however in listening to the recordings i discover what sounds like residue from previous recordings bleeding through the more recent one.they kind of sound like demonic voices.any way to isolate each track from the current and previous recording?

Solution

This shouldn't happen on any digital recording. Perhaps on a magnetic recording under certain conditions, but not a digital one.

On an unrelated note, you should acquaint yourself with your state/province's eavesdropping laws because what you are doing (eavesdropping in your own home) is illegal in many jurisdictions. If you confront your girlfriend with this she may be...

mouse24

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Maybe she suspected you suspecting her and put on some demonic voices.

In all seriousness, I have no idea and why didn't you just confront her about it instead of resorting to invading her privacy?

Pinhedd

Distinguished

This shouldn't happen on any digital recording. Perhaps on a magnetic recording under certain conditions, but not a digital one.

On an unrelated note, you should acquaint yourself with your state/province's eavesdropping laws because what you are doing (eavesdropping in your own home) is illegal in many jurisdictions. If you confront your girlfriend with this she may be able to have you charged.

Solution