PC froze and broke

Aug 26, 2018
Windows 10

Earlier today I was on my computer just chilling and playing games. Then my computer started seriously freezing and eventually crashed while I tried to alt-tab. I had 4 apps running (discluding background apps) EU4 (Game), Chrome, OBS (Screen Recorder) and Discord (Voice And Text Chat). When this happened the inside of the laptop was making strange noises like crackling from the inside. Possibly the HDD?

This happened on my gaming laptop, the Medion Erazer P7651.

Specs :
CPU, Memory and Operating System:

Intel Core i7 8550U processor.
Dual core processor.
3.7GHz processor speed.
8GB RAM.
1TB HDD storage.
Microsoft Windows 10.

Graphics:

NVIDIA GTX 10 series1050 graphics card with 4GB RAM.
Dedicated graphics card.

-------------------

After multiple restarts auto-repair finally kicked in and the first screen shown said "Preparing Auto Repair" the next screen said "Diagnosing Your PC" then it always says "Auto Repair Was Unable To Fix Your PC". I left it completely off for several hours and retried, didn't work. I tried a System Restore, also didn't work.

If it is a hardware issue is my only option to take it to a shop? If I Reinstall Windows and keep my files will that still delete my gamestates? That is not an option as these gamestates are needed since they are on youtube. I was recording when this happened. I also have music I've made which I am afraid will also be deleted if I Reinstall.

What can I do? I'm desperate.

Solution
Noises from the system could be the hard drive, and yes if it's bad you would need to replace it. The fact that it failed to do the repair also points to a possible disk issue. One good thing is that you can replace it with a solid state. That is a new system so it should have a spot for an M.2 drive as the boot disk and for programs and you can use the SATA connection for a cheaper larger one for files.

You can remove the drive and connect it to another system, either as a secondary internal or with a USB enclosure to get your files out, assuming the disk is readable.
Noises from the system could be the hard drive, and yes if it's bad you would need to replace it. The fact that it failed to do the repair also points to a possible disk issue. One good thing is that you can replace it with a solid state. That is a new system so it should have a spot for an M.2 drive as the boot disk and for programs and you can use the SATA connection for a cheaper larger one for files.

You can remove the drive and connect it to another system, either as a secondary internal or with a USB enclosure to get your files out, assuming the disk is readable.

Solution