Digital Storm Unveils Hybrid PC-Steam Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
1900 bucks?! Must be created and sold in California where people try to waste money. You can build your own, with 2 780 GTX's and liquid cooled for under 1,000. There is a sucker born every minute and sadly (as Apple has proven) people think more expensive products = better prodcucts....(which is completely wrong btw)

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Get this, a "Steam Machine" is basically any PC every built with the graphics power determined by its CPU/GPU combination, it's such a non-term it is getting annoyingBy the way, great paid ad for Digital Storm who just made a gaming PC, expect a flurry of samey-samey SFF gaming PCs from everyone else too

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
@loosescrewsGood point... but we all know prices drop. By the time this thing even hits retail, my commend will be true. GPU's have progressed past the point of software developement cycles My single GTX 460 still isn't even tapped.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
jkflipflop98, I hardly think it is targetted at noobs with the pricetag of these machines and the fact 90% of your Steam collection is borked including nearly every AAA title. Just pointing out that the journalism sucks where every gaming PC will be tagged as a Steam Machine, the same way all mp3 players were called iPods when they clearly weren't.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
The only reason to have SteamOS is so people don't have to pay for Windows but then settle for a reduced game library. This PC has Windows and SteamOS together, so having already paid for it who in their right mind would bootup an option with only 10% of their game collection available?

Status
Not open for further replies.