Digital TV Switchover Officially Delayed

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]ravenware[/nom]The box is the problem you fu**ing you damn tool! It doesn't work that well and it is 60 bucks.The other options are buying a new tv or adopting cable or satelite service.Yeah, a lot of people don't give a sh** about digital television.[/citation]

They are watching free television.... poor things aren’t getting HD with the junk box! 

If they don’t want the crap free TV get satellite or cable. There are plenty of options besides being a cheap person. I don’t know a single person who doesn’t have a digital TV OR A digital box OR Satellite... Where are these people hiding?

At the lake we can’t get cable and im not buying satellite… guess what I have there??? NOTHING! We listen to tunes and watch DVD’s and communicate with one another.

Let’s face it, our society could probably benefit from NO TV for a bit.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]They are watching free television.... poor things aren’t getting HD with the junk box! If they don’t want the crap free TV get satellite or cable. There are plenty of options besides being a cheap person. I don’t know a single person who doesn’t have a digital TV OR A digital box OR Satellite... Where are these people hiding?At the lake we can’t get cable and im not buying satellite… guess what I have there??? NOTHING! We listen to tunes and watch DVD’s and communicate with one another.Let’s face it, our society could probably benefit from NO TV for a bit.[/citation]

Thought so, you and many other people do not understand the value of a dollar.

60 bucks isn't much and I am willing to spend more on satellite (if it all possible) its the spending of 60 bucks on something that I don't want.
And for some people 60 bucks is a lot of money and that's the point.
The problem isn't the switch over it is the fact some people don't want to spend the money or simply can't. The government realized this and provided a solution by way of the coupons. Unfortunately they didn't think ahead and the budget for the coupons is insolvent.

Anyway, guess its not that big of a deal for me. :)

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Ravenware...

I understand what you are saying but you seem to think TV is your god given American right… it is not.

If you can’t get a 5$ Starbucks, don’t purchase one… If you can’t afford a 60$ cable box, don’t, I would be silly to spend over budget on a luxury.

I am sorry, but I have no sympathy…

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]Ravenware...I understand what you are saying but you seem to think TV is your god given American right… it is not.If you can’t get a 5$ Starbucks, don’t purchase one… If you can’t afford a 60$ cable box, don’t, I would be silly to spend over budget on a luxury.I am sorry, but I have no sympathy…[/citation]

Your a tool. I didn't ask for sympathy. I can afford the 60 but there are several people that can't.

I understand what you are saying but you seem to think TV is your god given American right… it is not.

Sure seems that way. It's been there for 24 years.

Anyway, your a douche and an idiot who compares the purchase of a converter box to a cup of yuppie coffee. (yeah yuppie, try a quad espresso for once!)

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]Grow up son.[/citation]

Get a cup of yuppie coffee.

I going for a quad espresso and to run file conversions all night :)

chris312

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
[citation][nom]ravenware[/nom]Your a tool. I didn't ask for sympathy. I can afford the 60 but there are several people that can't.Sure seems that way. It's been there for 24 years.Anyway, your a douche and an idiot who compares the purchase of a converter box to a cup of yuppie coffee. (yeah yuppie, try a quad espresso for once!)[/citation]

A long-standing privilege is not the same as a right. It is not the government's job to provide entertainment to people. Where in the Constitution is the right to free television without purchase of additional equipment guaranteed?

Status
Not open for further replies.