Disable clipboard pane in word xp (permanently)

omermaras

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
hi folks,
I'm disabling the "open clipboard pane after CTRL+C" in Word XP (or other versions of Microsoft Word), but when I press CTRL+C (or CTRL+X) too fast twice, the pane appears nevertheless. I want to disable this pane permanently, but couldn't find any option to do so. Can you do that somehow through registry (regedit) settings? How?
If not, is there some addon or additional software to do so??
thanks in advance!
o.m.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
By "Word XP" you must mean Word 2003, right?

• On the Clipboard task pane, click Options.
• Clear the Show Office Clipboard Automatically check box.
• Clear the Show Office Clipboard When Ctrl+C Pressed Twice check box.
• Be happy :D

omermaras

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
:) yes, I have done that, and the pane appears AFTER I have cleared those check boxes, and that's why I get rabid when the unwanted and supposedly "disabled" pane become a pain in the u-know-where....
so.. ..??

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Oh man, that paaaaaaaain! See if that works now:

• In the Registry Editor, click to select the following subkey (folder): HKey_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0 (or whatever is your version)\Common\General

• On the Edit menu, point to New and click DWORD Value. With New Value #1 selected, type AcbControl, and then press ENTER.

• On the Edit menu, click Modify. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, click Decimal under Base. Type 1 in the Value data box. Click OK and quit the Registry Editor.

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011

Try applying thermal grease next time... maybe it will help your you-know-where to chill out after all the pain you went through :lol:

omermaras

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
or maybe I should try the whole process in higher or lower latitudes.. say, near the land of penguins....

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
LOL :lol: that would lead to water condensation around your... components. Not recommended.

Have you tried the registry tweak already?

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011

You might see I posted this earlier.

Have you made it work, omermaras?