Solved! Disable Intel UHD graphics completely on Acer AN515-53 notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrnie

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
If anyone knows a way to disable the UHD graphics please let me know. I want to run the GeForce 1050 alone. I've tried several recommendations but the UHD graphics never fully go away and it's affecting things like gaming (sometimes a game crashes on load saying the graphics card is not compatible. There is no bios option to disable. Anyway, please, only respond if you can answer the question. Not looking for opinions or how things work fine for someone. I need to disable it or return the laptop.

Thanks

Solution
Most won't let you completely disable it. It is still needed for some things that will not run on alternate GPUs. Like say for instance "Safe Mode".

Your best bet is to make sure that the one you want to use is set as the main one for your games. If it is set to use it, then it won't have anything to do with the integrated graphics and should not cause issues.

If it is not letting you set up the Nvidia as the main one used for games, etc., I would try updating the drivers for it and see if that resolves it. If not, then you can return it if you wish, but you are going to continually run into this problem.
Most won't let you completely disable it. It is still needed for some things that will not run on alternate GPUs. Like say for instance "Safe Mode".

Your best bet is to make sure that the one you want to use is set as the main one for your games. If it is set to use it, then it won't have anything to do with the integrated graphics and should not cause issues.

If it is not letting you set up the Nvidia as the main one used for games, etc., I would try updating the drivers for it and see if that resolves it. If not, then you can return it if you wish, but you are going to continually run into this problem.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.