Solved! Disabling Synaptics touch pad

Payntrain

Estimable
Dec 16, 2014
I posted earlier but it disappeared. So here is the deal. I am trying to disable the touch pad permanently. I went to the mouse setting in cp and hit disable and apply and it stops working but when I restart it begins to work again. I went to device manager and uninstalled but it still works. Now the option to disable it in mouse settings is gone?? I have tried to install from synaptics website and the installation failed. I am going to try to run 3dchip in safe mode. Any other ideas? If i can not permanently disable it I would to be able to get the option back to temporarily disable

Solution
sometimes is remove 3 screws and unplug a cable under the keyboard, it is not that far on most models, you might end surprised

you could also run a scrip forcing those settngs you mention when system boots but i haven't done it with hardware, only with network drives, not that complicated

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
sometimes is remove 3 screws and unplug a cable under the keyboard, it is not that far on most models, you might end surprised

you could also run a scrip forcing those settngs you mention when system boots but i haven't done it with hardware, only with network drives, not that complicated

Solution

TRENDING THREADS