Question Disabling Turbo Boost or Change maximum processor state to a value below 100?

Jul 1, 2021
Hello! I have a gaming laptop (Dell G7 17 7700 CPU: i7 10750H RAM: 16 GPU: 1660 Ti) which all of the time is overheating when gaming (gets up to 90 degrees) and I found a solution on this so I disabled turbo boost to make it cooler. As soon as I started checking out if there was a huge change I noticed that the laptop is now slower than before, like when you click a program like Google and it doesnt open so you click it again and it opens 3 times, or when you go to the main settings and click the tab Display for example and it takes like 5 seconds to open it... I googled a bit and found another solution to the heating problem. Maybe if I turn on the Turbo Boost and Change maximum processor state to a value below 100? Or would that have the same results, makin the laptop again slow?

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021
Yeah I did try that but still... Doesn't change anything.. But which do you guys prefer? Disabling turbo boost or changing the maximum processor state?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Relicx Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 3
L Laptop General Discussion 7
R Laptop General Discussion 1
C Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 7
Edderx Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 1
N Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 2
C Laptop General Discussion 2